Galaxy

Galaxy

Thursday, October 27, 2016

1 Quarter Reflection

Now that the first quarter has come to an end, I have noticed the progress I have gone throughout this quarter. For example, now I have learned a new technique to use when writing an essay. The TIQA technique has helped me in ELA and in other classes when it comes to writing an essay in different topics. Before I learned about this, I wasn't so great when it came to writing essays. Something else that has also helped me is the "Investigation Jounalism". When doing this, it helps me get better at not putting in some of my opinions when writing something. I use to accidentally add in my opinions that I have, but now with this unit, I have gotten use to when it is okay to have bias and when it's not meant to be bias.

I also learned a lot about the world. I have learned how we should appreciate our freedom to choose. I learned this from the book The Giver because in this book, the people in the community had no say in what they could do. In the United States we do have that freedom, but I guess that sometimes we just forget that we are lucky enough to have this right that we don't appreciate it as much as other people that wish they had this right.

Some goals that I have for the next three other quarters in ELA are to learn more on how to write a newscast report and to finish my 10 book challenge. I want to learn more on how to write a newscast report because since I don't know what I want to be when I grow up yet and I chose a career that has to do with writing a report, I would know how to do it. It's a skill that I think will one day come in handy, so knowing how to do it properly is important. I want to finish my 10 book challenge because I normally just read about 5 books every year. So for me to be able to double that amount will just be an accomplishment. I also want to take advantage of this challenge and read other genres that I haven't read before.

No comments:

Post a Comment