Galaxy

Galaxy

Friday, March 31, 2017

3rd Quarter Reflection

Now that third quarter as ended, there is only one quarter left of school until summer break! I have learned a lot in third quarter, especially in English Language Arts. In ELA, my biggest improvements would be how to understand and interpret a poem. I struggled to grasp some of the methaphors most poems would have. When we had to read and interpret a poem from the book I Never Saw Another Butterfly so later we could do a butterfly that represents our poem, I thought that I would fail the assignment. When we broke down a poem as a class and really went into detail on what something ment and why it was included in the poem, that same day I was determined that I would really try my best. In the end, I now know how to read a poem and the outcome of my butterfly that I had to make came out better than I expected.

I have accomplished a lot in this quarter that I am proud of my self. Some of those things I learned this quarter is how to mange my time in class and at home. I need to priorities the things that I need to do first and then I can do the extra stuff later. In ELA we did tasks that went along with WW II so when it came to going to the Holocaust Museum, we would be informed. The takes we did were to be done at your own pace but, they needed to be finished. Some, of the takes I had to to home but, over time I learned how to finish them in class since I would solely only focus on finishing that task and then my other assignments that I needed to do. This is a life skill I need for when I grow up because I know for a fact there will be some things that will be needed to be done faster than others.

There have been challenging parts in 3rd Quarter. One of them was when learning about the Holocaust. It really didn't hit me that so many people had to go through this until we went to the Holocaust Museum. I was so intrigued by the survivor that spoke to us and told us her story. Although we really didn't have time to really look around, I still learned a lot and saw so many things. I know that I will never know the feelings of those who were affected by the Holocaust and had to live though it but, I will for sure never forget this and deny this happen as other poeople do. It was challenging for me in the sense that there was nothing for me to do exept to not forget. I will not forget and make sure other people don't forget.


No comments:

Post a Comment