Galaxy

Galaxy

Thursday, March 2, 2017

Butterfly Project




"A Letter to Daddy"

Momma told me to write to you today,
but I had no time. New children arrived 
with the latest transport, and 
I had to play with them. 
I didn’t notice time pass.

I live better these days.
I sleep on my own mattress on the floor,
so I will not fall down.
At least I don’t have much work to fix up my bed,
and in the morning I see the sky from my window.

I was coughing a bit, but I don’t want to get sick,
for I am happy when I can run in the courtyard.
Tonight there will be a gathering
like the ones at Scout camp in the summer.

We will sing songs we know,
a girl will play the accordion.
I know you wonder how we fare here,
and you would surely like to be with us now.

And something else, daddy. Come soon
and have a more cheerful face!
When you are unhappy, Momma is sad,
and then I miss the sparkle in her eyes.

You promised to bring me books
because, truly, I have nothing to read.
So please, come tomorrow, right before dusk.
I will surely be grateful for this.

Now I must stop. Momma sends you her love.
I will rejoice when I hear your footsteps in the hall. Until you are with us again.
I send you my greetings and kisses.

Your faithful son.
Anonymous 


I commented on Aine's Blog
I commented on Jose's Blog
I commented on America's Blog
I commented on Kezia's Blog 
I commented on Denise's Blog

4 comments:

  1. Hello Lizbeth, your butterfly project is outstanding and the fort that you put into it is incredible. Your thoughts are so explicit and thoroughly thought which shows me that you truly understand the meaning of this poem. The little cell inside your butterfly is just fascinating because it gives me a picture of the reality during these times. I was able to picture the truth about the cells and how they affected these people's lives. I love that you included the little journal inside the hail because I can picture the little child writing this poem inside his jail cell. Your explanations are well thought and processed and you have an amazing talent to write them in well written form. Overall, your butterfly project is beyond fantastic, so hopefully you keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job Lizbeth, when I first saw your butterfly, the way it's structured is very unique. The color was a bit surprising, because why such a sad color? Then when you read the peom and your explanation, and it makes more sense as to why you chose such a depressing color. You were trying to show the writer's feelings to the world, so you decided to do the same color for the inner and the outer, which now makes sense now. Something really creative that I liked that you did, was when you created the bed on the floor. The quote you gave doesn't really specify the way the bed looked, so by you putting a piece of fabric on the ground really gives it a nice touch. Plus it makes sense, because you are right, the conditions at the camps weren't the best. You did an awesome job on your butterfly, it was really interesting and creative.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job Lizbeth! Your butterfly is very good, and the way how you designed your butterfly is very particular than others. I really liked how you basically kinda designed his house with barb wire. Another thing I liked is how you made a book on the floor because it shows how the son likes to read books and it kinda shows a characteristic about the so. Overall I really enjoyed your butterfly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good job lizbeth ! Your butterfly turned out great and very well detailed. I like how you made barbwires to show how the people struggled . Your explanations were very well explained and also very understandable . The way you made it was so unique and good ! Your off to a great start !

    ReplyDelete